Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Thanksgiving - I Give Thanks To The Bog Three

It's Thanksgiving and I give thanks to the big three, for everything they've done for me, they built the muscle car, gave it style, gave it power, I love the big three, it used to be only GM for me, but with current events I can't deny the things they've all done for me.

Chevrolet gave me the camaro, the Z/28 with it's 302 and available cross-ram with two four barrels, they gave me the Yenko camaro with it's brutal fire breathing 427 cubic inch big block, it's thanksgiving and I give thanks to the big three, nobody does more for me.

Dodge gave me the hemi charger, there's nothing quite like a hemi, it's brutal horsepower and torque could make a grown man cry, the 426 cubic inch beast, that was modestly rated at 430 horsepower, could easily prove that number wrong, and would make your competitor's faces very long.

Buick gave me the GSX, in 1970 Buick decided that they needed to compete in the muscle car wars that the big three were having, enter the GSX, with an 11 second factory ¼ mile, the GSX could impress the most staunch Buick disbeliever, and usually did, it was a true gift.

I give thanks to the big three, for everything they've done for me, they built the muscle car, gave it style, gave it power, I love the big three, it used to be just GM for me, but with current events I can't deny the things they've all done for me.

Ford gave me the mustang, with all of it's accolades, I can't deny it's street prowess, and it's awesome drag race presence, I can't deny the sales numbers, the most sold American muscle car of all times, the power, and the dignity, add Carol Shelby, and look what Ford did for me.

On this day of giving thanks maybe you should look inside, and possibly you could really see the big three for everything that they do for you, you say that they have made mistakes, you say their quality suffers, and you buy in to the hype of the imports, take another look at the big three.

Buy American and save our country, they have had one hundred years to build in our country, and they provide you with the things that you need, take another look at the big three, I have seen everything that they've done for me, and I love the big three.

I grew up with the big three, and my family drove nothing but GM and Ford, I love the big three, and I know what they did for me, I could never stand on the import soap box with dignity, I love the big three, for all they do for our country.

The Big Three

No comments: